Company: Sneller Property Consultants
Job Title: Commercial Property Management Assistant
Location: Teddington, South West London
Candidates should ideally have a proven track record working in commercial property management or strong transferable skills and experience in similar roles.Key responsibilities will include:
- Health and Safety - Arranging for consultants to undertake Fire Risk Assessments, 5 yearly electrical inspections, asbestos surveys etc; reviewing content and arranging for recommended works to be undertaken. Liaising with building occupiers/tenants to ensure that they are complying with statutory requirements including gas safety checks, electrical inspections etc.
- Building Maintenance- Assisting with day to day property repair & maintenance issues to include arranging for contractors to attend to matters of disrepair. Assisting with preparation of annual service charge budgets.Monitoring the standard of maintenance contracts at properties; periodically reviewing these contracts to ensure competitiveness and efficiency to include preparing a specification of works to put out for competitive tender.
- Property Inspections - Periodic visits to properties and arranging for maintenance contractors to rectify any defects identified and/or to ensure that tenants are complying with their lease obligations.
- Vacant Properties- Notifying building insurers when properties become vacant and arranging for any insurers unoccupied building requirements to be put in place; notifying local authority re business rates as well as utility companies and reorganising utility contracts to be more cost effective.
- Administration Tasks - Dealing with tenant enquiries on a day to day basis on any aspect of the management of a property. Managing department filing and records systems
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Lives within a commuting distance of no more than 30 minutes from our Teddington office
- The verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse client group and internal staff
- The ability to research, analyse and reason logically and effectively within tight time-frames.
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel skills
- Experience of working effectively in teams
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines
- A commitment to providing outstanding customer service
If you would be interested in joining Snellers please apply by filling in the form to the right, or alternatively contact Kimberley@snellers.com
to find out about any other opportunities.